Sophie Adjustable Bed Warranty
Due to the high standard of manufacturing, we are proud to offer a standard 5 year warranty on our Sophie range of Electric Adjustable Beds. This limited sleep system (adjustable bed) warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This warranty covers the original purchaser only, please retain a copy of your order confirmation as proof of purchase. You’ll need this to make a claim, without it we reserve the right to reject any claim under this warranty.
The warranty starts on the date of purchase of the electric adjustable bed and lasts until the end of 5 years from that date.
This warranty covers the following defects in workmanship and materials of any Sophie Electric Adjustable Bed that has at all times only been in normal domestic use and treated in accordance with its intended purpose. Please note, the intended purpose covers that the bed must be installed on a flat even surface.
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 25mm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation as described below.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress or base that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has not been handled improperly.
- In respect of the mattress cover only, any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover. As noted below, a defect in respect of the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement Sleep Sophie mattress, just the cover itself.
- Any physical, electronic or electrical manufacturing fault that would cause the bed frame, motors, remotes or computer to not perform as per the intended purpose.
If it does not fall into one of the categories above then it is not covered by our warranty. By way of example of what is not covered, please see the following list (although there can be other things too which are not covered):
- A normal increase in the softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Abnormal use.
- Physical abuse or damage to mattress or bed base which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains.
- Exposure to cold temperatures for a period of time that causes the materials to tear or permanently deform.
- Mould, dirt, stains, smells, or bed bug infestations resulting from poor mattress care.
- Any claim made other than for the benefit of the original purchaser.
- Replacement of a Sleep Sophie mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress or adjustable bed.
- For mattresses a defect or change in the mattress that is only a minor variation or normal change that does not affect the pressure redistributing properties of the product.
- Any mattress sold by a reseller who is not an authorised Sleep Sophie reseller at the time of purchase.
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality” or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
To make a claim under this Warranty, please send:
- a brief written description and photo of the problem or condition that you believe constitutes a defect;
- proof of purchase (such as your order number or an original dated sales receipt) to Sleep Sophie at [email protected].
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to require photographs, further information or descriptions, or to physically inspect the mattress prior to accepting a particular claim under this Warranty.
Should shipping costs be required to return your adjustable bed, you will not be responsible for those costs.
Any evidence we receive regarding the potential warranty claim, including the adjustable bed itself in some cases, will be cross-examined and evaluated by our team. When we have received the evidence, we will decide at our sole, reasonable discretion whether your claim is covered by the warranty or not. If we determine that it is covered, we will repair or replace (as applicable) and ship the adjustable bed base or mattress or mattress cover back to you. Sleep Sophie reserves the right to offer you a similar replacement if your item has been discontinued. We will only cover the shipping expenses of the first warranty claim. The warranty period does not restart, but rather continues from your original purchase date.
This warranty does not give you the right to get a refund. The warranty only covers replacements, repairs and upgrades for successful warranty claims.
Extended Warranty – $279
At the original point of purchase, an extended adjustable bed warranty can be purchased for an additional $279 which doubles the standard warranty to ten (10) full years. Aside from the length of time, no other condition of the Standard Warranty shall be altered.